- iWalkObservation is the tool that I am currently using. It is created by a principal, and he is quick to support his product. Several tools come with the standard application, however districts/schools can request custom options for a fee. The product I purchased was $79 dollars and requires that the user have Filemaker Go.
- eCOVE is another tool that has been around for a long time. I have known principals that have used the laptop version in the past. It has a long history, however I have not used to product myself. If any readers have used it, please post a comment. This program cost $299 and does offer discounts for larger purchases.
- Teachscape is available in the app store for free, but I believe you have to observe or attend a seminar to actually access and store walkthrough data. It is not a bad idea to consider the cost of professional development when purchasing a program. I am unsure of the cost of this application.
- GoObserve is available on the app store for a free trial, but the full cost is $149.95 to purchase. I have very little knowledge of the program.
- Observation 360 is another product that displays as a free app, but a subscription must be purchased to use the product.
At this time, I am not aware of a quality product that is free. If you have an Apple computer and Filemaker Go, the following link will direct you toward a precreated sheet that might meet your needs.